Name: Tortoise beats the Hare
General Description: A semi-fast Pokemon who can only get outclassed by slower Pokemon.
Justification: There are a lot of fast AND slow Pokemon in the tier of OU. Now, usually Pokemon get outclassed by typing, or abilities. But this pokemon gets outclassed by slow Pokemon. Basically, you being in the middle of group, whilst tanks are dangerous and speedy pokemon are just things to laugh at. And as for Pokemon near the same speed as you, well, they're just other Pokemon that do damage.
Questions To Be Answered:
- Would Baton Passing slower speed to this Pokemon make it unfair in the meta?
- With all the fast Pokemon in OU, is it possible to take it down easily, even with STAB?
- Would giving it low HP balance out the damage reduction?
- How many speed lowering moves would this Pokemon have access to?
- Would this Pokemon act as a wall for fast sweepers?
- If this Pokemon makes an appearance, will opponents be Baton Passing slow speed upon themselves?
Explanation: Basically, if we gave this Pokemon say, 90 speed, Pokemon like Garchomp, Gardevoir, Alakazam, etc. would only do 0.66x damage to this Pokemon, while slower Pokemon, like Excadrill, Conkeldurr, and Dragonite do 1.33x damage to this Pokemon. You may be thinking, 'But Conkeldurr doing 1.33x damage on top of everything else is Overpowered', well there are some things you could do to prevent this, like; tricking a Choice Scarf. On top of that, this Pokemon takes less damage from priority, so Sucker Punch won't do as much damage as it should be doing. Slower Pokemon may make more of an appearance, but that's alright. Remember, you have a speed lowering move(s) and in place of Leftovers, Life Orb etc. you can be holding an Iron Ball to slow yourself in your tracks. But watch out for threats as an enemy Tricking a Choice Scarf, Knocking Off your Iron Ball, or Baton Passing slower speed onto themselves, which may appear more often. So in conclusion, try to face faster Pokemon, avoid slow ones and you should be fine.